Sunday 4 November 2012

Thursday Food Diary #3 (Hilariously off-plan)

Hello! I have returned from my lovely holiday in the sun. I had a great time on holiday, this is what I did:


  • Read
  • Eat
  • Sleep
It was ace! I read loads of books, which is great because I love reading but - violins please - in my busy working life, don't often find the time. I feel really relaxed and revitalised now, which is great, as it is now back to a gruelling fascist Weight Watchers regime for me. Quite strangely after having 8 days so wildly off plan I have quite missed tracking and adding things up (what can I say, I'm a maths lover) and am also quite looking forward getting back to eating healthily. Studying my holiday pictures, in some of them I actually look about six months pregnant simply because of the food I've just consumed, which isn't great. I dread to think how much weight I've gained - I forgot to weigh myself before I left in my HOLIDAY EXCITEMENT, but will indeed be doing a post holiday weigh in tomorrow before the official Thursday weigh in. It's going to be so horrific I find myself curious. ANYWAY.


Breakfast - 11am ish

Smoked salmon and poached egg, with cream cheese sauce thing

This is actually an adapted version of a six point recipe from my Weight Watchers cookbook, believe it or not, but as I didn't weigh anything and had to substitute loads of the ingredients with 'more cheese' I am assuming that it's probably closer to around 10/11 points. It's nice, but not as good as this other AMAZING COOKED BREAKFAST THING we had all the time on holiday which is ACTUALLY LITERALLY WEIGHT WATCHERS FRIENDLY. Watch this space for a recipe!

Lunchtime - around 2pm


Salad with Parma ham, chorizo, goats cheese, olive, bread and (unpictured) Caesar dressing

Again, you might think 'salad? That sounds totally healthy' but it's a sad fact that despite calling this a salad only 1 ingredient of this whole dish is nil points (lettuce). Everything else is just my favourite lunchtime foods, all mixed up and called a salad because there's lettuce with it. There's a skill in that.

3pm: ICE CREAM


My boyfriend was like 'why would you want to eat that? It looks all knobbly' but little did he know that those knobbly bits are BITS OF CHEESECAKE. I know, you can't even make this stuff up. 

and...SANGRIA


When in Rome.

Also, I thought I'd just give you a peek of the view from my sunbed that afternoon:


Bliss, isn't it? I am now living vicariously through my own life three days ago. Three days ago! 

Dinner - 8pmish

Bread, olives, and some tomatoey type dressing thing

Literally amazing.


Baked goats cheese and potatoes

Unfortunately I did actually go back to this restaurant a couple of days later and had a better, more photogenic meal, but I don't want to lie to you about Thursday. Anyway, I love goats cheese SO much so this was ace.


Smoked salmon pasta

This was really nice but I feel a little bit bitter looking back on this as I could have made a similar meal at home for literally probably about a third of the calories, but there you go eh. 

Also, my 'date' wanted me to post a picture of his lasagne because he likes to feel included. So there you go.


Anyway, DESSERT:


Profiteroles and ice cream

Bailey's Latte with cream (!)


That's finally everything, and you can see what I mean about the six months gone food baby thing, I mean seriously just imagine. Stay tuned for the weigh in tomorrow, which should be slightly shocking as this wasn't even the day I ate the most. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment